Background

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Chili topped w/ Cornbread in a Mason Jar

Chili & Cornbread
Here is a fantastic Pinterest idea which I was really excited to try for my family that was coming over for dinner. I made my chili up ahead of time then made the cornbread batter. I put in the chili in the mason jars about halfway up and then topped it off with the cornbread batter. The more cornbread on top the better. The presentation of these little jars made it so fun and the cornbread on the top was by far the icing on the cake. Bake these in the oven on a baking sheet for 20-25 minutes at 350-375 degrees. Here is the recipe for the cornbread:

1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
Mix until combined. 






No comments: