Background

Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Crunch

Pumpkin Pie Crunch
To use up that 1 cup of lingering canned pumpkin I decided to try out this recipe for Pumpkin Pie Crunch which popped up as one of Food Network's featured recipes today. I had to half the recipe since I only had 1 cup of pumpkin. It turned out as yummy as it sounded. The yellow cake batter on top gives the crunch and has a salty taste to it but it goes well with the sugary pumpkin pie filling. I topped mine with some walnuts and some cinnamon and nutmeg. I can't wait to have some more leftover pumpkin again!

http://www.foodnetwork.ca/Recipes/recipe.html?dishid=10922

Directions:

  1. 1
    Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, spice, salt.
  2. 2
    Pour into greased and floured 13x9 baking pan.
  3. 3
    Sprinkle cake mix over pumpkin mixture.
  4. 4
    Cover with melted margarine.
  5. 5
    Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until golden.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks so good and easy! Thanks for linking up to my blog hop :)

Elisabeth said...

I copied this yummy, and easy recipe Michelle! Planning to make this soon, and link it back to you!
Thanks for sharing:DDD

Unknown said...

Yummy! Deelicious Sweets sent me and I'm so darned happy about it! Thanks for sharing!!