Background

Friday, July 15, 2011

Hashbrown Chicken Bake

Hashbrown Chicken Bake
This is a family classic in our home. It's easy, delicious, and is great at any time of the day. This is a type of bake that you can really play around with. Tonight I wanted to use up my chicken that I had leftover from a whole roasted chicken we had enjoyed. To make this hashbrown chicken bake, I used a pie dish and added enough frozen hashbrowns to fill it up. Then I added one can of cream of chicken to the hashbrowns and some milk (about half a cup). Then I also added some frozen corn (or you can used canned), my leftover chicken, and then some seasonings: Italian, onion powder, pepper, and parsley. Once it's all combined add some grated cheese and parsley. Bake this in the oven for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees.


You can get creative as you want with this and you will also need a bigger baking dish and maybe a couple more bags of hashbrown and soup if you are feeding a bigger crowd. For the breakfast variation you could add cooked bacon, sausage , or ham to this and it would be perfect. You can change up the cream of 'blank' soup to change the flavor. You can add different veggies and seasonings too! Have some fun with this bake and make it your own.

1 comment:

egbkid said...

looks intresting! I might try this