Background

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Poached Salmon


Another great way of doing salmon is poaching it. This was my first time trying this method out but I really enjoyed the flavor. I used this recipe to make the salmon (didn't have any wine so I just did a cup of water and I also used fresh parsley from my herb garden): 


Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 pounds salmon fillets, cut into 4 pieces
  • 2 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic
  • salt and pepper to taste


I added the poached salmon to the top of my soup. This soup was made up as I went but it's carrots, peas, corn, chow mien egg noodles in a soya sauce broth which is just soya sauce and water. I also added some VH General Tao stir-fry sauce which is made with 'hints of garlic, sesame, and ginger to give it a little kick. It was the perfect balance with the poached salmon. 


No comments: