Background

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Inside Out Lasagna

Inside Out Lasagna 
My first thought his morning when I took my hamburger out to unthaw was to make a lasagna for supper. But I traded in prep time for some 'Momma and Dadda' time while the boys napped and sat outside on our deck enjoying the sun, coffee, and a few cooking magazines. My hubby had to work a night shift this evening and I noticed I would be cutting it short if I made a lasagna since they take about 50 minutes to bake so I came up with another idea instead. I made up my lasagna filling (fried up the hamburger, drained the fat, then added some pasta sauce, onion powder, dried herbs as well as fresh parley and basil, and some leftover mashed sweet potato for the 'sneaky' ingredient) and boiled up some egg noodles. Egg noodles are great because they are low in fat and cholesterol. Once both were ready I combined them then added it to an 8" x 8" baking dish (or bigger depending on how much hamburger you used). On top of that I added some cottage cheese (I used 50% less sodium), parsley, Parmesan cheese, and shredded cheese. Then it went into a 350 degree oven for about 10-12 minutes (until the cheese is melted and the cottage cheese is not cold). It was such an easy and quick meal for my family and so I named it the "Inside Out Lasagna" since all the insides were on the out!






No comments: