Background

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Blueberry Buckle

Blueberry Buckle
What do you do with fresh blueberries? First, you do a search for the most top rated blueberry recipe on allrecipes.com and see what comes up! Blueberry Buckle has actually been a childhood favorite of mine which I could have called my mother and got her recipe, but I enjoy the hunt of finding my own recipes too. It's actually fun to think that not too far down the road I will be able to share this food blog with my sons, which to me is almost like a food diary, and they will be able to learn and read all about how fun it can be in the kitchen and teaching yourself new things.

My favorite part of the buckle is the topping. I used brown sugar instead of white and also added about a 1/2 cup of quick oats too. Enjoy a slice of this with a nice cup of coffee and squeeze in some time to relax if you can!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Blueberry-Buckle-2/Detail.aspx
Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 cups fresh blueberries
  • TOPPING:
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup cold butter

Directions

  1. In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in the blueberries. Pour into greased 9-in. square baking pan.
  2. For topping, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over blueberry mixture. Bake at 375 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

No comments: