Background

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chicken Burger & Rice Pudding


After a nice hiatus, I am back! My youngest, who just turned 8 months old, has been crawling up a storm and keeping us very busy these days. It's awesome to see his new found independence but it means he's starting to 'crawl' out of his baby stage!


Today, I marinated some chicken breasts (cut in half) in Club House's Herb and Garlic packaged marinade which is one of my hubby's favorite chicken flavors. When he got home from work we bbq'd them up and put them on a thin multi grain bun. I drizzled olive oil and seasonings on some cut up sweet potato and fingerling potatoes in the oven for a side dish.


For dessert, we enjoyed some creamy rice pudding which I found the recipe in my Allrecipes cookbook. I made mine with basmati rice and skim milk. It was delicious and such a nice comfort food.



Here is the recipe:



Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
  • 2 cups milk, divided
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2/3 cup golden raisins
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  1. In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
  2. In another saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk, beaten egg and raisins. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla. Serve warm.

No comments: