Background

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sneaky Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins

Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins from The Sneaky Chef
So tonight I played 'Sneaky Chef' in the kitchen with some leftovers from supper and put them into a muffin. Sound gross? Kinda... but this is what being a sneaky chef is all about! First, I pureed up my cooked carrots and sweet potato so that I had roughly 3/4 cup which is what the 'Orange Puree' is in The Sneaky Chef. Then I made my flour blend which is just 1 cup of white flour, 1 cup of whole wheat flour, and 1 cup of wheat germ. Just make it up and put it aside for another sneaky recipe because all you'll need is a cup of the mix. My hubby said he was actually 'excited' to try one of these when they came out of the oven which was quite surprising! They were a hit and I can't wait for Leeland to have one for his breakfast tomorrow morning. He is going to love it!

The only adjustments I made to the recipe was I used applesauce instead of oil and all I had on hand was crunchy peanut butter.



So here is the recipe for Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins from The Sneaky Chef!

Nutrition Highlights: vegetables, whole grains, nuts, Rich in vitamins A, B complex, C, E, K, manganese, iron, potassium, folate, riboflavin, selenium, fiber, and protein. 

Makes 8 Large Muffins: 
(or 16 mini muffins) 
- 1 cup Flour Blend (1/3 cup whole grain flour, 
1/3 cup white flour, 1/3 cup wheat germ)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder 
- One-half teaspoon baking soda 
- One-half teaspoon salt 
- 2 large eggs 
- One-quarter cup brown sugar 
- One-quarter cup canola oil 
- Three-quarters cup Orange Puree (see Make-Ahead Recipe #2) 
- Three-quarters cup smooth peanut butter 
- 8 heaping teaspoons favorite jam* 
*Note: Jelly doesn't work as well as the thicker variety of jam; jelly just disappears into the muffins. 

> Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with paper liners. 

> In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until well combined, then whisk in the oil, Orange Puree and peanut butter. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until flour is just moistened (don't over-mix or the muffins will be dense). 

> Scoop about two tablespoons of batter into the large muffin cups until half full. Place a heaping teaspoon of jam in the center of each muffin. Cover the jam with another 2 tablespoons or so of batter, filling the cups just over the top. If you're using mini muffin cups, scale back quantities to fit into the smaller sized cups. 

> Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.

3 comments:

egbkid said...

These look awesome! To answer your questions left on my cake pops post, i got my scoop at Wal-Mart, it was hanging in the cake pans etc. isle in with all the other spoons, spatulas, etc. It was only 3.50 i think. I have not seen the cake pops at Starbucks, but i have not been to the big one over town yet, and i am seldom in the one in Brunswick Square. I don't drink coffee, so i only go in for the occasional vanilla frappichino.
I am not sure if i want to sell them for sure yet, i was looking around Kijiji and FB to see if there was any market for them here, i don't want to tread on anyones toes! :-) I already have an advertisement on Kijiji for baking, no bites yet, though. I have not seen cake pops in the City Market, so i was thinking of renting a bench there for a Saturday (it is only 23 bucks!), but I have to run to the Bulk Barn to get some more chocolate, to practice on the rest of them first!!

tataseigh said...

directory view Source official site Related Site more tips here

Unknown said...

content dolabuy.ru go to these guys luxury replica bags best site Celine Dolabuy