Background

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Salmon Potato Patties


I thought of a different way to use my leftover pieces of salmon by making fish cakes. I boiled up a couple of potatoes, mashed them, then put them in the fridge to cool. After they cooled, I added the salmon, some onion powder, parsley flakes, salt, and pepper then formed them into patties. Then I used some Italian bread crumbs to coat them and fried them up with some olive oil in a frying pan. The one thing I forgot to add was an egg to the potato mixture as the binding agent, but it all stayed in patty form so that was good. The sour cream mixed with some dill was the 'cherry on top' and made these cakes a hit.

I used this recipe as a bit of a guideline: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Funcos-Salmon-Fish-Cakes/Detail.aspx

No comments: