Background

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Baked Oatmeal

Baked Oatmeal
The Mennonite Girls Can Cook blog has so many great 'homecooking type' recipes! The only problem with some of their recipes is that they are geared for a really big crowd. This morning I tried their Baked Oatmeal but had to half the recipe so I could fit it into an 8" pan. I also used brown sugar, skim milk, and added a 1tsp of vanilla and a tsp of cinnamon, and some dried cranberries to the mix. Here is the recipe broken down:

1/4 oil
1 egg
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup of sugar
1 1/2 oats
1/4 salt
1 cup of milk

Mix all ingredients and add to a greased 8" pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees for 20 mins. Let it sit for another 15 mins to settle and cool before cutting. This is comfort food at it's best! Perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner! 




3 comments:

Shannon said...

Is this more like an oatmeal or a cake type thing? It looks good; I may try it!

Michelle Smith said...

Hey Shannon, it's more like a dry texture but holds together really well. It could be a used as a dessert even. You could top it with some yogurt too. You really have to try this... so easy and so good!

Holly said...

Looks really yummy! I love the new header looks great!
I think you should think of doing a weekly video post. My camera takes hd video. I could bring my tripod over and we could try it out and J is super good at editing...think it over. :)