Background

Monday, January 10, 2011

Tornado Tacos


I had this idea come to me just before preparing supper. I took a large whole wheat tortilla wrap and cut it in half then formed it into a bowl into a cooking sprayed muffin tin. I did a few and then threw them into the oven at 400 degrees until then they kept their bowl shape (5 minutes or so). Meanwhile I had browned up my beef, added some taco seasonings then some corn, mushrooms, red kidney beans, and pasta sauce and made it into a quick chili. I used half an avocado leftover from lunch and added some lemon juice to make a guacamole. Added all of this to the the taco bowls with a dollop of guacamole and some shredded cheese and they became what I like to call 'Tornado Tacos!' My little guy and I had this for supper tonight and it was quite the treat! It's fun inventing new meals... what will you come up with?

No comments: