Background

Monday, January 3, 2011

Recycled Chocolate

Toberlone & Chocolate Chip Cookies
I ended up getting quite a bit of chocolate over the holidays but now that the holidays are over and it's back to getting on track... the chocolate must go! I do not like wasting food at all... especially good chocolate! So I decided to make some cookies by adding my big Toblerone bar that I got to make Chocolate Chip Cookies for my hubby's lunch snack. This way he can take them all to work and I can freeze the rest for future lunches or guests.

Of course when they came out of the oven I just had to try one... maybe as a way of saying, "Goodbye sweet Toberlone... we'll meet again someday!"

Hope this can help you too find a way to reuse some of your Christmas chocolate!

(As a side note: These cookies were picked up and taken to an organization called OUTFLOW and used as their dessert to help feed the needy in Saint John.)

No comments: