Background

Friday, December 3, 2010

Rules for Making Coffee

I got this great 'Five Roses: A Guide to Good Cooking' cookbook from my father in law back a few Christmases ago and just hauled it out this morning to take a peek. There is so much good info in this cookbook as well as awesome recipes! I found a quick recipe for making Butterscotch Cookies which are made up and chilling in the fridge as we speak so I will need to blog about them once they're made. But what I do want to share has to do with coffee! We love coffee in our family. I enjoy flavored coffees and flavored creamers too. There are rules to making a good pot of coffee which are listed in the cookbook that I would like to share to make sure you are getting the perfect mug of coffee each time!

1. Always start with a perfectly clean coffee maker.
2. Use fresh cold water.
3. Use fresh coffee. Buy only one week's supply at a time and store in an airtight container.
4. Use the right type of grind for your coffee makers.
5. Measure coffee accurately, with coffee measure or standard measuring spoon. Suggested measurements for 1 cup of water are:
weak - 1 tablespoon
medium - 2 tablespoons
strong - 3 tablespoons
6. Depending on what type of coffee maker you have, these measurements may vary. Read manufacturer's instructions carefully.

No comments: