Background

Monday, December 20, 2010

Peanut Butter Balls

Peanut Butter Balls
Gotta thank my friend Shannon for posting on her blog (flavoredinlove.blogspot.com) a great and easy recipe for Peanut Butter Balls. I used crunchy peanut butter and omitted the walnuts and instead of chocolate wafers just melted some semi-sweet chocolate chips with a bit of margarine in the microwave. After I dipped them in the chocolate I just dusted some with sweetened coconut. After testing a few (which were amazingly tasty) they went straight to the freezer!
This is her recipe:
  • 1 cup peanut butter (I used smooth)
  • 1 cup icing sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon hard margerine
  • 1 cup rice crispies
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts (I used a magic bullet to make sure these were adequately chopped)
  • 2/3 cup chocolate melting wafers (I actually ran out of chocolate, so I recommend having more on hand)
Beat your wet ingredients together, then stir in the rice crispies and walnuts.  Roll into 1-inch balls.  Place on wax paper or parchment paper lined sheets and chill until firm.

Melt chocolate, roll balls into chocolate, using a couple of forks to help with coating and  removing them again.  Let stand until set.

No comments: